All capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Agreement.
- “Cookies” are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
- “Controller”, “Customer”, or “You” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal Data.
- “Customer Data“ means personal data, reports, addresses, and other files, folders or documents in electronic form that a User of the Service stores within the Service.
- “Data Protection Laws” means all laws and regulations, including laws and binding regulations of the European Union, the European Economic Area and their member states, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, applicable to the Processing of Personal Data under the Agreement.
- “Data Subject” means the identified or identifiable person to whom Personal Data relates.
- “GDPR” means the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’), to the extent that such information is protected as personal data under applicable Data Protection Laws and is submitted as Customer Data.
- “Public Area” means the area of the Site that can be accessed both by Users and Visitors, without needing to needing to log in.
- “Restricted Area” means the area of the Site that can be accessed only by Users, and where access requires logging in.
- “Usage Data” is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “User” means an employee, resource, agent, or representative of a Customer, who primarily uses the restricted areas of the Site for the purpose of accessing the Service in such capacity. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
- “Visitor” means an individual other than a User, who uses the public area, but has no access to the restricted areas of the Site or Service. The Visitor corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
The Following Information is Collected by Involv
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Information Provided by the User or Visitor. While using our Service, as a User or as a Visitor, you may provide, and we may collect Personal Data. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, e-mail addresses of those those who sign up to the Service, e-mail addresses of those who are signed up for the service by account owner, e-mail addresses of those who are invited to the service, e-mail addresses of those who sign up to the Newsletter or any subscription feed, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal Data also includes other information, such as geographic area, preferences or custom field data, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with Personal Data in various ways on the Service. For example, when you register for an Account, use the Service, or send us customer service -related requests such as issue or bug finding, or support tickets.
Information which is Collected Automatically. When a User or Visitor uses the Service, we may automatically record certain information from the User’s or Visitor’s device by using various types of technology, including cookies. This “automatically collected” Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Service, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding a Visitor or User’s interaction with email messages, such as whether the Visitor or User opens, clicks on, or forwards a message. This information is gathered from all Users and Visitors.
How do we use the Information we Collect.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Service and the quality of our service.
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Business Operations. We use the information – other than Customer Data – to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to Users of the Service. We process Customer Data solely in accordance with the directions provided by the applicable Customer or User.
Communications. We may use a Visitor’s or User’s email address or other information – other than Customer Data – to contact that Visitor or User (i) for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to the Customer Data or Personal Data posted on the Service or (ii) with updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications by contacting us at email@example.com or using the appropriate unsubscribe links in the Service or the mail you receive.
Experience and Feature Improvements. We want to make sure we are always delivering a cutting edge Service. We use the information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Visitors and Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new extensions, services, features, value added features, and functionality. Should this purpose require Involv to process Customer Data, then the data will only be used in anonymized or aggregated form.
Updating / Amending / Deleting Information.
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database. You may update, correct, or delete your Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account settings page on the Service. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Retention of Data.
Transfer Of Data.
Involv strives to protect your personal information by using generally accepted industry standards to protect the information collected, both during transmission and once received by us. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet, and we also employ application-layer security features to further anonymize Personal Data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section. If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
Links to 3rd Party Sites.
The Service or Site may contain links to other sites provided by third parties. Involv does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Data Controller and Data Processor.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Google AdWords. Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Last updated: May, 2018
Try it out today
start your demo
Involv is the best solution out there. But don ‘t take our word for it. Start your demo and test all of the features yourself.
Like what you see? Get in touch and your digital workplace is ready-to-go in less than 1 hour.
Employees will love what they see, as the digital workplace integrates with all the tools they already know and use. Need more? Contact us!